The Last Breath
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said several years ago that he would continue 'serving' his nation until his last breath. This is the story of his thirty years of tyranny and how the Egyptians managed to rid themselves of his rule.
Country of Origin: Egypt
Running Time: 53 minutes
CAST & CREW
Director: Sameh Moussa
Producer: Mohamed Gohar
Music by: Sameh Moussa
Film Material: Maha Kafi
Editor: Yehya Ibrahim
Distributor: Intl Tomcat
Writer: Mohamed Gohar
Producer's Representative: Ostrow and Company
The film reviews the following aspects of Mubarak's thirty-years rule:
1) The Assassination of late president Sadat and Mubarak's rise to power.
2) Mubarak's biography from childhood to old age.
3) Corruption in Egypt. Featuring rare exclusive VCS' shots that prove the links between the main figures of corruption including steel tycoon Ahmed Ezz, tourism Tycoon Hisham Talaat Mustafa, to the president's son Gamal Mubarak.
4) Social internal problems like poverty, unemployment, hunger, slums.. etc.
5)Foreign affairs hot points like the relationship with the USA and Israel and how some Egyptians saw them as 'humiliating'.
6) The Muslim Brotherhood.
7) Islamization and terrorism.
8) The relationship between the Muslims and the Copts.
9) Omar Suleiman.
10) Mohammed El Baradei.
11) Police brutality.
12) The youth (6th of April movement).
13) The eruption of wide-scale anger and protests.
14) The revolution.